I have made a few mosaic pieces before…some turned out…and…well others didn’t. Just a side note if you are going to attach a mirror to a piece of wood and do mosaic work around it, any old adhesive won’t do. You need mirror adhesive!!! I found that out the hard way! For this piece I used vintage tea cups and saucers. I broke them up randomly and attached them to this glass vase. I also used flat back glass circles. They come in handy for so many things. I really like the fact that I added them to this piece it gives it more of a bling effect! Let me know what you think about it. Also tell me about some DIY mosaic projects you have been working on!
I simply want to invite everyone to my Pinterest board…so you can see all of the wonderful pins from other artists…If you are looking for Jewelry Inspiration…well there’s a board for that…curb appeal..interior decorating..to name a few…go on check it out…and follow me there so you can stay in touch with what I am pinning! You will be glad you did!!!
So I wanted to try my Skills at ETCHING. I ordered a bottle of “Pro-Etch” from Micro Mark, and followed the instructions on the bottle.
I wasn’t really sure what I was going to make, but I went right to it.
I chose a french letter stamp design…because…well that’s what I had on hand. I really need to get more stamps! I cleaned the metal and stamped on the design.
I cut the metal with Vintja metal shears. Vintaj.com I attached my metal blanks (stamped side up) to packaging tape. I used 24 Gauge brass and copper. You may have to overlap the packing tape to make the strips wider. I also made sure the tape was long enough to attach to the side of the bowl, and that the pieces would rest in the solution with out touching the bottom of the bowl.
Waiting…checking…waiting..it seemed to take forever…I like instant results…ha…that’s how I roll. Anyway…here they are…not bad for my first time!
I am going off of memory here…I think I rinsed them in a water and baking soda solution…and then pulled them off of the tape.
The set on the left is polished…I don’t really like the look of them….they’re to shiny…But I fixed that later.
I them marked placement for the holes with a sharpie… and punched them out with a tool from Crafted Findings. The Long Reach Riveting System for 1/6″ semi-tublar rivets.
You can see the holes are NOT lined up perfectly, I need more practice. But you get the idea.
I then used the same AWESOME tool from Crafted Findings to add rivets.
SO…onto the next exciting step….MAKING BRACELETS!
You can see here I did something a bit different to each blank. I even soldered a little hand stamped piece to the blank. Using all of my new skills on these bracelets!
I even tried stitching with wire! Added a few cold connection, using Tim Holz gears.
So Here are the FINISHED products!
You can purchase this bracelet in my ETSY SHOP..
The bracelet on the yellow background is another one of these steam punk bracelets I made soon after the completion of the other two…just checking out my skills.